1. How long have you been in business?
A: "Officially, 4 years. Though I have been baking for roughly ten! I started paying attention to my mom and grandpa when they would bake together in the kitchen, and I started picking up tricks from them. My first official cake was made for a co-worker about 7 years ago."
2. Do you cater to events outside of weddings?
A: "Yes! I cater down to the smallest event. I’ve made everything from little cakes for engagement proposals, to smash cakes for babies, to the big events like bridal showers and weddings."
3. What details do you think make the best event?
A: "Food and people! No matter what the event is, nobody is going to remember what color balloons were there, – they’re going to remember the food and they’re going to remember how great the atmosphere was with all of their loved ones that created all of their great memories."
6. What is the ABSOLUTE best part about what you do for your clients?
A: "The best part about baking, no matter how big or small the event is, is being able to create something that makes such a big and positive lasting impression on the client and their big day. It’s something that makes their event go that much smoother, and tastier!"
Thank you Amanda for allowing us to pick your brain and feature your product this month!
CHEERS! SLAINTE! SALUD!
We are jumping into celebrating another one of our favorite vendors this month because.....we have some exciting collaboration projects that we have worked on that we get to feature later next week! We wanted to take a minute to celebrate her and her work.
We connected Sharon, from Pretty Petal Papers, through a mutual friend ( thank you Lindsay from @sketchandbalance)! We are so excited we were put in touch with Sharon because we LOVE her work! Sharon creates one of a kind stationery elements that are custom to her clients.
We asked Sharon a few questions about being in the wedding/event industry. Check out what she said!
1. How long have you been in business? I have been in business since May 11, 2017
2. Do you cater to events outside of weddings? I do cater to events outside of weddings! I focus on custom design for all occasions from weddings, holidays, birthdays, business logo design, greeting cards and much more! Any custom designed stationery that our clients need, I am more than happy to work with them to make their vision come to life!
3. What have been some of your favorite weddings and why? Some of my favorite weddings were my sister’s wedding and ours! My sister’s wedding was shabby chic at its best! It was so beautiful, and her colors were turquoise and pink, with birch tree accents. It was a beautiful combination and the rustic décor of the reception was just so beautiful! Our wedding was everything I imagined and more! It was exactly what I envisioned! Our colors were coral and gold. The centerpieces were beautiful gold sparkly lanterns! The bouquets were coral, ivory and had a few succulents as well. It was an elegant wedding and most of all people had so much FUN! People couldn’t stop telling me how much fun they had and how gorgeous the room looked for the reception!
4. What do you encourage clients to stay away from when planning their wedding/ or when working with you and your craft? I tell my clients to focus on their vision and stay focused on what they envision their wedding day to be like. I work with them to create the wedding invitations of their DREAMS! This is the first impression for their guests! We focus on creating a design they will love for moments to remember!
5. What is the ABSOLUTE best part about what you do for your clients? The absolute best part of what I do for my clients is when I create a design that makes them say, “OMG I LOVE IT!!!”. It is when I successfully bring their vision to a palpable piece of beauty! I love to see/hear how my clients are excited when they finally receive their custom design in hand. It is absolutely rewarding for me to contribute to the success of a bride’s big day.
One of the many things we love about Sharon's work is that it's a complete package! When you order a suite you get the right details from start to finish. She offers custom design packages on top of her already beautiful creations. From your save the dates to your table numbers, the consistency that Sharon's collections provide is perfect for any event.
P.S... We are obsessed with the floral outlines in these two collections!!
Check out Pretty Petal Papers site to see more of her beautiful work! Click Below!!
We look forward to sharing more about Sharon later this month when we feature our collaboration project! We thank her for allowing us to pick her brain and feature her work.
Till next time...
Good Morning and happy October! We are so excited to feature another vendor this month. Jessica Makarewicz is the owner and creator for the Dry Moon Shop. She is an extremely talented graphic designer and has created multiple hand-painted, customized, beautiful signs, and graphics, for couples that we have worked with here at the studio. Anytime we have a couple that asks for a custom sign... we call up Jessica, because we know that our couples will just love her work!
Working with Jessica is always an easy process. She is so creative and has an eye for these types of custom signage. Plus she can create these awesome signs on just about anything! What we love about using Jessica, over pre-made signs for our couples, is that we can have the sign totally customized to the event. Whether its the handwritten signs or graphic creations, Jessica works her magic and fits her designs to each event.
We have asked Jessica a few questions about her experiences doing weddings and here is what she says!
Do you have an Etsy account? Of course you do... Go check out the DryMoon shop and check out some of Jessica's custom prints!
We are so excited to kick off our vendor spotlights this month with one of our longest partners in business, Beth Eggert Photography! Check out our interview with Beth and see some of her amazing work! We have been blessed to have worked with Beth on many weddings and have always appreciated her partnership.
1.How long have you been in business? 14 years
2. Do you cater to events outside of weddings? Yes! I also cover all types of portraiture including newborn, family, and high school seniors.
3. What details do you think make the best event? The detail that makes the best event is preparation. I cannot stress this enough. Brides and grooms need to be able to trust the vendors they choose to work with to bring their dream day to life. This is not just in terms of physical objects, but also things like having established timelines, delegating certain tasks to family members or friends, being informed on what is needed in order to have the day go smoothly. For me, this means meeting with my clients at least three times before the wedding day in addition to the engagement session. First, we sit down with coffee and talk about their day, their vision for their images and how I might be able to assist them. It is important that the style they are looking for is the style I offer. If our styles don’t match, then it’s better for me to help them find someone else. The second meeting is to start nailing down details of their day so I can help them create a timeline. I literally account for every minute of the day from when hair and make-up start with the bride through the first hour of the dancing. I have found having the day mapped out in detail really helps them relax and feel prepared. Now, having said that, clearly there is always room for “going with the flow” because inevitably something unforeseen will happen…maybe it’s the weather, or someone is running late, or any one of a million little things that can cause change. But since my clients are well prepared, those issues do not derail their day! Our third meeting gives me a chance to calm those last-minute fears – we go over the timeline again in greater detail, adjust where we need to, and I’m able to help them feel like we’re a team! Being comfortable with each other before the wedding is key as well. This is why I insist on an engagement session. During this complimentary session, I am able to see how the couple interacts with each other…. are they comfortable with displays of affection, do they prefer traditional or more casual portraits, what are their individual personalities and how do they work together? This all goes to day of preparedness. By gathering all of this information about my clients beforehand, I am able to provide my services to fit them. Each couple is so different from the next. With all the time we spend together, having coffee, talking about their wedding day, going over details, getting to know who is important to them, photographing them together before the wedding, I am able to read when I need to give them space. Helping them feel prepared for their big day means I, too am then prepared.
4. What have been some of your favorite weddings and why? Can I say every wedding I’ve ever photographed? It’s true. They are all my favorite. Each so different and special. I always think, oh this is the best wedding ever, until I get to the next one! Seriously, there is no way to choose favorites. Maybe I like a venue more than another but maybe that ceremony was more personal. Perhaps I like the bridal colors of one more than the next but the next had a killer band. There is just no way to choose. I will say that the favorite thing about any wedding is the ability of the couple to make it meaningful to them, to personalize it so that it truly represents them and not just the social norms.
Thank you Beth for giving us the chance to partner with you through the last few years , and for allowing us to pick your brain!
Check out Beth's site for more information!!
ARC Design Studios
Check out OUR chapters as a growing business! We will be posting where we have been, what we have been doing and what our world is like.
Special only good with booking of other ARC Design Services.